Re: Wheel wobble

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel wobble
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:31:45 -0700 (PDT)
At the risk of being the bearer of really bad news, I'd go straight to an
appropriate shop to have the suspension checked. I had the same shimmy
shake you describe at same speed on my old Healy. It was the king pins.
Expensive even back then and was the deciding factor for a complete engine
and tranny rebuild. But looking at catalogs for both Tr and Healy I see
Tr's don't use king pins. I'd still be suspicious of what serves in their
place. Neglecting to remedy can end costing a great deal more.
Ed 58 3a