RE: what gauge wire?

To: "'R. Ashford Little II'" <70TR6@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: what gauge wire?
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:33:43 -0700
14 AWG wire has a normal load rating of 20 amps.  12 AWG has a rating of
25 amps.  Since you are fusing the circuit at 20 amps, you want to
ensure that the fuse blows before the wire gets hot.  Therefore, you
need to use at least 12 AWG.  10 AWG is also ok.  In this case, I would
err on the side of overkill.

Joe C.