Re: Alloy steering rack mount question

To: "John Cohen" <jmcoh@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Alloy steering rack mount question
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:02:41 -0500
I don't know about the Goodparts aluminum mounts but I purchased and
installed the aluminum mounts that use the U-bolts on my TR6 about 5
years ago.  A few months later I happened to discover that one of
them had cracked and broken in the groove for the u-bolt, which was a
bit frightening, so I went back to stock.

This past weekend I installed a quick ratio rack from Moss Europe
that has the aluminum mounts.  There is a world of difference in the
construction of the mounts and I'm not concerned about them breaking.

Rob
74 TR6 daily driver