Re: Streets of D.C. (Myers' TR6)

To: William Scherer <scherer_william@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Streets of D.C. (Myers' TR6)
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:42:08 -0600
William Scherer wrote:

> I read awhile ago the USAF General Myers, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
> of Staff, drives a TR4.  I am willing to bet that he has some guards
> following him around, and probably does not have the same concerns
> about public parking.  Anybody ever see him driving around D.C?  His
> other rides have wings and go supersonic.

It's a TR6. Perhaps his guards follow in a black flatbed tow truck with
tinted windows? ;) I do recall someone posting that they'd spotted a
nice (dark blue?) TR6 parked near the White House, and someone else
mentioned it was probably Myers. Here's an excerpt from an article found
with a google search on "Myers Triumph TR6":

'When, four years later, he left the Space Command in Colorado Springs
to become vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Gen. Michael E. Ryan, the
Air Force chief of staff, told the Denver Post that the troops would be
sad to see Myers and his wife, Mary Jo, "drive out the gate with their
two sheepdogs, his saxophone, his Harley Davidson and his 'almost' fully
restored Triumph TR-6 roadster in tow."'

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2