Re: Woodward Dream Cruise

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Woodward Dream Cruise
From: "Just Brits" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 17:04:50 -0500
Stu, you are RIGHT!!!!

<<but I
wouldn't feel safe with my Spitfire on the Pennsylvania Turnpike!!!>>

I HAVE been end to end in an Ambulance (RED lights and all!!), 'Merican
iron, Tractor/Trailer, AND my BJ-7!!!  Road S**ks!!!  With or without the
idiots!!! <VBG>!!!

BUT, I am surmising that you have NOT found I70 (WITH I68) out of
Hagerstown!!!  Follow to Hancock, MD and stay with I68.  Goes thru
Cumberland.  Continue West thru (and including Morgantow, WVA.  The I79
North to either I70 (west & on Southside of Pittsburg) or I76 (there is a
West side by-pass) and take your choice from there.

I have done the cross country, the go to Indy and head North (friends
there<G>) and both of the above.

About 100 to 150 miles SHORTER and WAY less
nerve-wracking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOBODY on 68!!!!!  They ain't FOUND it yet!!! LOL.

As an "assurence", my UPS guy (of over a decade ) told me a while back his
daugeter was in school in Baltimore and he and his wife where driving out to
see her.  Told him about I68.  When he came back his wife sent me a note
saying she was divorcing him and gonna "entertain" me in a manner to which I
am NOT accustomed!!  Almost died LMAO!!  Next day, got a HOME made German
Chocolate Cake as "thanks"!!

Week later, got a note from Daughter thanking me for making her Mother
"livable with" AFTER such a long drive!!!

Have a safe & fun trip!!!

Ed
'63 BJ-7 (Hortence THE Healey wearing ILL tags AH BJ 7)[been to points East
16 times<VBG>]
'70 El Camino (Blackie & 2nd Owner)
'70 El Camino (Amber -on my site- wearing ILL tags 7 AH BJ {B for truck<F>})
'73 Black Tulip MGB (Murial)

PS:  STILL consider DC "home"!!