Re: TR3A Radio Location

To: WLHoss@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Radio Location
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:49:20 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/2005 9:11:56 PM Central Standard Time, WLHoss@aol.com
writes:
> Hi,
> I have a Triumph radio that came with my 60 TR3A.  It was installed in  the
> glove box lid (and not that well either).  Was there a standard  location if
>
> radios were added?  Can someone point me to photos?

In addition to TeriAnn's pictured mount, I have another alternative that is
made of perforated metal that mounts on the transmission cover.  The perforated
metal is handy in that the AM radio I have has a built in speaker on the
bottom surface.  It is also polarity switchable.  But it is not a period radio.

The radio is modern (relatively speaking) in that it dates from 1971 (I have
the box and the JC Whitney receipt) and since it is mounted in a 1957 TR3 it
would constitute an authenticity deduct in concours.

But I digress.

I will try to remember to take a picture over the weekend.

Dave