Wipac Rallyman Switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wipac Rallyman Switch
From: scharfr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 00:55:33 -0400
I'm turning to the generous wisdom of the list once again to see if it
can help me locate an elusive and arcane switch for my TR4. I have
installed a matched pair of auxiliary lights on my badge bar; a
period-correct Wipac fog and spot light combination. Now, to complete
the accessorization, I'd like to find a Wipac Rallyman switch. This was
a rotary switch made in the '60s or so that provided one "Off" and
three "On" positions: Off, On for the fog light(s) only, On for the
spot light(s) only, or On for both the fog and spot lights. These turn
up ever so infrequently on eBay and I missed one about six months ago.
I wonder if anyone on the list might have, or know of the availability
of, one of these. They were sold under the Wipac RallyMan Switch name;
also under the Wipac part number 54204. You can Google the name and see
an example or two, but I've not turned up any available examples in
months of looking.

  I'd be willing to pay a more than fair price or discuss interesting
trades. All responses welcome.

  And yes, I know that a simple pair of toggle switches would solve the
problem. But why take the easy route when difficult and obscure
solutions present themselves?

  Thanks in advance for any help provided. Alternative solutions also
considered.

 Bob Sharp
 Michigan
  64-ish TR4