Re: a disturbing occurence that needs a solution

To: Jack Williams <jackandangie@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: a disturbing occurence that needs a solution
From: "Chas. Schlismann" <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:59:12 -0700 (PDT)
Jack Williams <jackandangie@comcast.net> wrote:

Has anyone ever removed the rubber hoses and replaced them with fittings and
more steel? I'd like to do this to avert any chance of this happening again.
What say ye? A good idea?

Jack,

Rubber is fine, it should help prevent a break or crack; especially true with a
body-on-frame vehicle.  There is a lot of flexing going on!  The hose should be
a tight fit and correct length.  I don't even use hose clamps on my TR6 and
have never had a problem in many years.  However, I have found that cheap hose
does not last nearly as long as it used to. Buy the best you can and slip it
over the hard lines (after cleaning them) several inches.  Inspect yearly.  If
you really are determined to eliminate the "rubber" you can always make up a
short section of braided ss line.

Charlie