Re: Why do TR's sell for so little money?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why do TR's sell for so little money?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:05:38 -0700
> Did you catch Hot Rod magazine a couple of months ago with the story  about
> the 38K mile Hemi Cuda, I forget which year that just sold at auction for  $2
> million!  And the guy said he's since turned down $5M!  Lost of  crazy folks
> out there.

While I was at the Monterey Historics last weekend I unobtrusively
listened in on an investment collection strategy session among 4 high
bucks car collectors.  The main topic was undervalued bargain cars that
could be picked up for around $700,000 to $800,000 today that will
likely sell for over one and a half million about five or six years from
now.  Two of the guys were madly taking notes during the session.

The subject briefly changed to what the group expert thought would be
the most expensive car in the world if it went up for auction today.  He
said the most likely candidate would be the 300SLR number 722, still
owned by the Mercedes factory. He said bidding would likely open at
twenty five million dollars and there would likely be at least 15
paddles immediately raised at that amount.

Sigh

TeriAnn