Re: Back-up hood release

To: wsteinman@pogolaw.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Back-up hood release
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:35:50 EDT
In a message dated 9/1/2005 11:34:06 AM Central Standard Time,
wsteinman@pogolaw.com writes:
> Also, I'm a big believer in installing a battery cut-off switch on old
> cars.  Healey was nice enough to design one into the car.  On my 250,
> there doesn't seem to be a lot of room to mound a quick-connect right to
> the battery terminal.  Am I right about the clearance?  Does anyone have
> a particularly good spot they use?

I have a turn-the-knob style on my TR6 which clears the hood quite nicely.
And I have a fairly tall battery.  However, you may have an even taller
battery.  So check clearances.  And the knife-switch style requuire more
headroom so
look for the twist knob style.

Dave