Re: Transmission check plug -- what size?

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission check plug -- what size?
From: Andrew Frink <tr4@drooartz.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 19:05:44 -0600
Turns out a 5/16" square drive was the ticket. A great local tool
store even had one. Let's hear it for the little guy!

Thing I am confused about is that the Moss catalog lists that the
side check/fill plug is the same part # as the oil pan drain plug. I
happen to have an extra oil drain plug, and it does not seem to be
threaded correctly for the check/fill plug on the tranny. The funny
recessed square drive plug is not a tapered thread like the drain
plug, at least not that I can see. Odd...

-Drew