Re: Triumphest 2005 News Update

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumphest 2005 News Update
From: "Just Brits" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:47:02 -0500
Sorry gents, but I am quoting Mark even tho Randall had "verbage<G>!!

Mark said and I quote:

<<how does one car do $5M of damage to a stadium?>>

NOT the "stadium" NOR it's "property", Mark (Randall, etal).

<< Is anybody's LBC a cousin of Christine?>>

Well, yes and no<G>!!

Actually, the Insurance Co's. had an EYE WIDE OPENING event occur TO them
several years ago that "caused the current prob!" of coverage?!?!?

PLEASE to NOT disparage the Event nor me nor the Marque involved!!!!

MAJOR carrier/underwriter "cover" a "Funkanah" (AKA, AutoX) for a NATIONAL
Healey Event.

A car (VERY good condition!!!!!!!) had a stuck throttle problem "on course"
headed towards side of HUGE parking lot.

Driver could NOT get vehicle stopped and went "thru/over" a berm STRIKING a
spectator (who actually is a friend of mine<F>) and was "stopped" by a
building (with said person located inbetween).

Gent damned near DIED!!!!

That said, he IS dis-advantaged for life!!!

Although the gent was LOATHE to do it, HIS carrier sued and WON LOTs of
$$$$$ against the Event coverage carrier!!!

Now if you are nieve enough to think that carrier's/underwriter's do not

Personally, I ENDORSE the local Club in doing what they HAVE done!!!!

Coverage + expertise + EXPERIENCE = GREAT EVENT (autoX, I mean).

I would just about BET anybody anything that had not your autoX be done VIA
SCCA, there would NOT be one!!!

The $9500 for a single event??  NOT unreal (UNFORTUNATELY!!!!).

Ed