Wiper Snafu

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiper Snafu
From: Bryan Reese <a241blr63@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:00:02 -0700
Hello everyone out in Triumph-land,

I was attempting to reassemble the wiper motor assembly for the TR3A
tonight, having been carefully disassembled, cleaned and painted. I
worked in a small cardboard box, so as not to lose any of the tiny
little parts. All was going well until a started put together the brush
assembly. I have the brushes, the spring, the brush holders and the
fiberboard retainer. The spring didn't seem to have anything to attach
to. A quick check of the exploded diagram and sure enough, the spring
doesn't have anything to attach to. There are tiny tabs that fit through
a slot in each holder, and the spring attaches to them.

Apparently, they have disappeared into hyperspace (probably keeping all
those missing socks company).

To the crux of the matter: Does anyone out there have a junk wiper motor
they could sell me for a few bucks? I just want it for those tabs,
because my motor is now too pretty to replace.

Thanks!

Bryan Reese
1960 TR3A
1960 TR 10