Re: TR4 Wire Wizards?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Wire Wizards?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:41:58 EST
In a message dated 12/13/2005 8:08:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TR250Driver@aol.com writes:

But that  is not my problem for now.  I am just trying to get the  wiring
right to the lamps and according to every diagram I have the front
indicators
call for GW wires for both LH & RH, # 41 & 42. Up front  on  this Four I have
1 GW
wire and 1 GR wire to work with.   Going to the rear  the diagram calls for
GR
wires to both sides, # 47  & 48. I have a GW on the  RH and a GR on the LH.
That is where I  am stuck. Sounds stupid Huh?  But it  is  real!

==AM==
Randall has already noted that the above is incorrect. But you got me
curious, as these sorts of situations usually do, and I checked my TR4 Factory
Workshop Manual. Darned if you're right, which is to say the wiring diagram,
drawing "B140" on page 6-104, is incorrectly labeled. Anyone following along
here
would be advised to reverse the numbers 42 and 47 on the DIAGRAM. Of  course,
that makes the diagram even less logical in appearance, but it will then  be
correct according to the Key.

I guess this is one of those times when my tendency to memorize nearly
useless information (such as the statement from the Council on Dental
Therapeutics
on the Crest tube, the opening announcer monologue from 1950s TV's  "The
Adventures of Superman" and most of the Lucas wire color code) has paid  off.
I've
long used my own mnemonic device to keep the flasher circuits  straight:
green is the base (power) color; white and right rhyme, and red  and left...ok,
they don't really rhyme, but it's a similar vowel sound...well,  it works for
me. ;-)

--Andy Mace

===     http://www.vtr.org