Re: Lighting a Candle (was: Piggot)

To: hoyt@cavtel.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lighting a Candle (was: Piggot)
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:41:23 EST
In a message dated 12/16/2005 2:54:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hoyt@cavtel.net writes:

However,  we could create our own repository of knowledge using a WikiWikiWeb
page  (see http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/).

I'm in the process of setting up  just such a wiki at www.type20.tr2.com
(same
as www.type20tr3.com). I'll  place all content under the Creative Commons
license  (http://creativecommons.org/) so that all contributed content is
always  available to everybody.

Comments?

Hoyt,
That is a very interesting proposal to me.  What really needs to be  done is
a documentation of what is inaccurate with all the published reference  books
not just Bill Piggots. Over the past couple of years we have  discussed quite
a few regarding TR4's.  Come to think of it some may be  medium potatoes too.
These are the ones that come to mind:
Long Neck Radiators
Valve covers with the brass nut
Short Power Bulges
Boot Prop Rods
Center Dash Panels
Revolution Counters
Boot Letters (really Andy some early cars had none)?
I don't think I am remembering them all either, how about that safety hook
on the Bonnet catch seen on some cars? When did the wide headlight rims  change
to the narrow ones? That is the problem, if this information is not  written
down somewhere, those who care about originality may find their cars not
getting properly judged with improper deductions being taken because judges are

relying on false information. I have seen this happen and it can make a
difference.
We have the cars and that is our strength.  We must be careful though
because I have learned that just because it is on a car that alone does not
make  it
right.  There must be some other evidence.  An example would be  that TR3
revolution counters have two holes for lights that hold the two lights  from
the
harness, TR4 revolution counters (with the Red Pie) have one hole  to hold the
one light from the harness.  Gotta Bill!
If you do this count me in.
Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org