Pesky Valve Cover Seal TR4A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pesky Valve Cover Seal TR4A
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:03:46 -0600
I have been fighting a pesky valve cover oil leak.  I have one of the
Triumph-Tune cast covers that just won't seal at the back of the head.  I have
used the conventional cork gasket glued to the cover with copper silicone, it
sticks just fine and the leak is on the head side.  Is there something I can't
see wrong with these covers?  Is there such a thing as a silicone rubber
gasket material that could be purchased in a sheet, glued to the cover and
then trimmed to match the edges?

Along the same line I have one of the rare original factory issue alloy covers
that has about 1/2 inch of one of the fins broken off.  Since it is cast
aluminum, think it can be welded up and then ground to match the original
contour?

Trying to get ready for Spring, and it's here now!

Mark

===     http://www.vtr.org