[TR] TR3A brake reservoir can seal?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3A brake reservoir can seal?
From: "Ritchie St. Jean" <rstjean1@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:54:39 -0800
Hi Listers. Searched the archives but no luck on this. I have two spare
cylindrical brake/clutch fluid reservoir "cans" which both have some type of
"rubber" seal on one of the outlets (inside though). The other outlet only has
an aluminum washer.
    I got to thinking that a slow leak from the one in my car may be because
of this seal being perished (I have silicone fluid so I'm not worried about
paint destruction.
    Anyone have any idea what material this might be (neoprene?) and whether
it matters if used with either DOT 3 or silicone fluid?
Thanks?
R. St. Jean

===     http://www.vtr.org