[TR] over heating non triumph

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] over heating non triumph
From: "sujit roy" <triumphstag@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 19:06:25 -0700
Guys:
My '95 civic is over heating.  I'm suspecting a head gasket but want to make
sure.

Within 2 miles of driving, hot water is pushed into the expansion bottle and
over flowing.  The radiator cap is not blowing  The temp gauge goes into
HOT.

No water is mixing with the oil.  It it possible that there is a leak better
the cyclinder and water way?
I don't have a engine compression gauge or a rad. gas analyzer.  But can go
out and buy a compression tester.  Always wanted one for the Stag.  Would it
help?  If one of the cylinders is lower than the other, then surely this
will a candidate for a blown gasket.

Are rad. gas analyzers cheap?
Sujit

===     http://www.vtr.org