[TR] Control Box Q's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Control Box Q's
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:37:40 EDT
Where to start? The annemeter will read +30 at 2500rpm, no load. With load
(light, heater fan, foglamps) at same 2500 rpm will read +15. The generator
(dynamo) is new. The Control Box I put together from 2 into 1. The control box
feels hot to the touch after driving. The past weekend I put a voltmeter to it
and followed the procedures in Bently and Haynes to adjust both the regulator
and the cut out, not very successfully. The vehicle is Positive ground.

Prior the red indicator light would glow faintly (you'd not noticed it unless
driving at night). Now it seems that the glow is gone, but the annemeter
seems high. What next?

Any suggestions?
Ed (58TR3A)

===     http://www.vtr.org