Re: [TR] Evaporust

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Evaporust
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:14:18 EDT
>A friend of mine prefers phosphoric acid (the active ingredient in Naval
>Jelly).  It converts iron oxide to iron phosphate.

True enough, and it does so very well.  Problem is, it also converts iron
metal to iron phosphate.  Usually that's not a problem, but I wouldn't use
it someplace like threads, where you're trying to preserve a precision fit
around the rust pits.

Which is a good application for Evaporust.  The right tool for the job.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org