[TR] Re: 236 mile brand new TR6?

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Subject: [TR] Re: 236 mile brand new TR6?
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:52:56 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Joe Merone wrote:

> Has anyone see this listing on EBAY for the supposedly brand new 1976 TR6?
>

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Triumph-TR6_W0QQitemZ4643269321QQcategoryZ80757QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> Look legit?  Do these "stored away all these years" stories still exist out
>there?

def. legit from the pix - check out the tires... REAL Goodyear G800
redlines. WOW-eeee.

There are a few of these practically unused cars out there, but not many.

Are they worth upwards of $25k? Time will tell. Probably. In fact,
thinking about it, $25k wouldn't get you half of a really awesome
restoration and this one is _original_. It does need some tidying up (look
at the air pump in the engine bay pic), but it does appear to be all
there.

I just hope that whoever buys it DOCUMENTS WHAT THEY HAVE, because there
are very few legit, original and well documented cars out there anymore.

Personal note - I doubt I could ever own a car like that. The temptation
to drive it would be waaaaay to much fo me. :-)

> Joe Merone
> CF18928U

regards,
rml
CF14111U
CR1871UO
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx

===     http://www.vtr.org