RE: [TR] TR4 Axle/differential

To: "TAB" <boggiano@charter.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR4 Axle/differential
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:18:01 -0700
> So here I sit trying to contemplate if I have lost the
> differential/axle and
> if so where do I find another one? What should I be looking at next?

Sounds more like a wheel bearing gone bad, to me.  You'll have to have the
halfshaft out anyway, even if it's the diff that's bad, so I'd pull the left
halfshaft next.

Assuming it is the bearing, you'll want to find someone with the factory hub
removal tool to get the hub off (so the bearing can be replaced).  Just
putting it in a press and going at it will frequently distort (ruin) the
hub.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org