Re: [TR] A-Arm question

To: tr4a2712@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] A-Arm question
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:54:03 EDT
In a message dated 6/4/2006 8:38:13 PM Central Standard Time,
tr4a2712@yahoo.com writes:
> Hi List!
> I don't beleive that TR4 &TR4A Upper &lower A-arms
> are the same. I say this because I own a TR4/A &
> bought a 'parts car' TR4 thinking that I could use a
> lot of the TR4 parts [if needed] to replace any
> possable broken TR4/A parts. Well, when I went to
> disassemble both left side front susspensions &see
> which parts could be interchanged with each other &
> recall that None of the parts are interchangable.
> I would like the list members stat if they found this
> to be true or was it a fluke for me?

This is immediately evident when looking at the ball joints.  The mounting is
completely different.  The diameter of the bushing probably changed with the
change in ball joint.  I don't know when the change occurred but I am willing
to wager it changed at the TR4 - TR4A changeover.

Dave Massey

===     http://www.vtr.org