Re: [TR] Hard choke

To: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Hard choke
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:40:16 -0400
On Monday 19 June 2006 02:34 pm, fred thomas wrote:
> Anyone having trouble with the choke being hard to pull open is because the
> cable is run and connected improperly, check Bob Schallers book "More B/S
> About TR'S and he covers the correct installation. The fork on the end of
> the choke rod goes on the ==inside== of the ==jet lever== the pin/cable
> clamp then goees through the jet lever then through the fork, as washer and
> a cotter pin, the fork ==does not== go between the jet lever as it would
> appear to, why do you think the connecting pin # 39 is so long, these parts
> are listed in the Moss cataloge as follows, # 33 # 36 # 37 # 39, so 37 goes
> completely inside and not through # 33.  "FT"

Fred,

All I can say to this is: You have got to be kidding?

I took a look at the diagram in my TR4 shop manual and although the figure
isnt perfect, I do believe this is correct! All these years I have had it
installed wrong on my TR3A. It just seems so nice and neet the "wrong" way.

Will I ever stop learning from this list???

I hope not!

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org