RE: [TR] Electrical Gremlins: New TR3 Wiring Harness

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Electrical Gremlins: New TR3 Wiring Harness
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:11:53 -0700
> Tested the parking lamps first.  Front worked.  Right rear worked.  License
> plate and left rear didn't work, no power.  Checked the wiring harness to see
> how many red wires ran to the rear: just one.  So tore the wiring harness
> apart and sure enough, the wiring harness came with the red wire to the
> license plate and left parking lamp, ...not connected in anyway.  Just a free
> little wire back there all hidden under a lot of factory pvc electrical tape.

It was originally daisy-chained from lamp to lamp, just like the factory diagram
shows.

> So...what size fuses go in the two poles of the fuse box?  I have both 35 and
> 50 amp from Moss, but I can't find anything that tells me which size goes in
> which pole.

Should be 35 (Lucas rating) both sides for a TR3A.  The 50 amp was only for the
early horns.  I don't recall offhand when it changed, but it was at least before
TR3A, if not before TR3.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org