Re: [TR] TR-4A Trunk Seal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR-4A Trunk Seal
From: mrv8q@netscape.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:48:41 -0400
   >Anyone change a TR-4A trunk seal lately? I just tried one I think I
>bought at VB and there's no way the trunk will close with this seal.
>It's too high and too hard. Any suggestions?

Common problem with repros.  Wrong compound rubber, will not crush
properly even if cross section is correct.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6

Along these lines, the lower door seals for the TR3 that Moss offers,
649-020, don't seem to
crush at all when in use. About 6 month ago, I put one of the pair on
my passenger door, and when, before, I could
almost just sneeze and the door would shut with a delicate "snick", now
I have to two-hand
slam the door. I worry for my poor 45+ year-old hinges. I've even tried
to "trim the trim" at the
forward part of the door, w/ no better results. Granted, what was there
wasn't much of a seal,
but it sure closed in a very elegant way!

Best, Kevin Browne
'59 TR3A #58370L