Re: [TR] Unidentified LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Unidentified LBC
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:59:40 +0100
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, at around 14:52:57 local time, ZinkZ10C@aol.com
wrote:
>In a message dated 6/28/06 2:30:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, OC@46thfoot.com
>writes:
>
><< http://www.hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk/lbc.jpg >>
>
>Try running it by the Brit magazine  Classic and Sports Car
>www.classicandsportscar.com   They have a section for interesting car finds.

Will do.

>Just by the looks of it I'd think it was a student rather than front line
>work, still very good though.

I wouldn't disagree.

>Did you try to decode the plate # for location and year? There is also a
>chance the plate is the initials of the school/company.

The plate (GVB 24) is a Croydon issue, dating from between 1932 and
approximately 1961.   I can't think of a motor manufacturer in Croydon!
Your suggestion that it might have some other significance could well be
right.

Very many thanks for your response.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV

===     http://www.vtr.org