RE: [TR] chapter 5

To: Datsun Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] chapter 5
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 14:33:37 -0700
> Ok, I am getting better. Here was the problem with the flashers. The harness
> is for a two pole w ground front park light. The lights on the car were single
> pole with a ground.

Ah, that would explain it.  The single filament lamp holders are used on the
rear, and appear visually identical to the dual filament holders used on the
front.

> Now the only thing not working is the flasher
> light on the panel. It was working not now.

Most common causes of that are the bulb not making contact in it's holder, and
an incorrect flasher.  Usually the 3-terminal flashers sold at your local auto
parts store won't drive the indicator lamp properly. (The Tridon EL-13 is the
only exception I've found.)  And there have been reports of the wrong flasher
being supplied by LBC vendors.

I finally got frustrated enough that I rewired the dash lamp to work with the
commonly available flashers.  Wired the other side of the lamp to the ignition,
rather than ground.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org