Re: [TR] TR3 Rear Axle rubber bumpers

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Rear Axle rubber bumpers
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:10:51 EDT
In a message dated 7/2/2006 9:59:22 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> >I am looking at installing the new rubber bumpers on the rear axle.  Since
>
> >they don't streach far enough to clear the bearing flange the only
> >way I can see
> >to install them is to cut them and tie them with safety wire (or zip ties).
>
> >Before I pass the point of no return I ask:  "Am I missing something?"
>
> I don't think so.  That's the way the originals went on, too.

OK.  Thanks.  I thought that maybe the original rubber pieces would stretch
enough to clear the bearing hub and leaf spring mount and these poly units were
just too stiff.  When I peeled off the 49 year old parts they were so
deteriorated I couldn't tell if they were split or not.

Cheers

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org