RE: [TR] mystery strips & + ground (no LBC content)

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] mystery strips & + ground (no LBC content)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:19:11 -0700
> Even more oddly, I'm informed that serious consideration is being given
> to using some large-scale HV DC power distribution.

I believe it has already been implemented in some places.  Modern
technology, particularly very high power field-effect transistors, has made
it possible to do efficient DC-DC conversion.  The conversion losses and
equipment cost are more than compensated for by the reduced power line
losses (due to capacitance with the ground, and 'skin' effect in the
conductors).  At the far end of the HVDC power line, it's converted back to
AC for distribution in the normal manner.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org