[TR] TR3A oil pressure relief valve question

To: "TriumphList" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3A oil pressure relief valve question
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:16:59 -0700
Under the category of leave well enough alone, I thought my oil pressure was
acting funny, sometimes climbing to 70 at higher than 2000 rpm sometimes
dropping down to 50 at the same rpm and sometimes sticking at 70 at low
rpm's. So why not remove the oil pressure relief valve and clean it up a
little just to be sure, sure! (I didn't touch the adjustment screw) Well.
now it is consistent but does go up towards of 100 at about 3000 rpm.  Me
thinks the problem may be a missing lead washer, part number 324-700 in the
Moss catalog, NA of course.  Anyone know if there is a substitute for this?
An "o" ring? Fiber washer? Solder? Or do I need to start fooling with the
adjustment?

TIA,
Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org