[TR] pos grd to neg grd

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] pos grd to neg grd
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:10:43 -0400
Good morning all,
Needed to re-polarize my generator. Read all the threads on this procedure.
Pretty basic. Changed coil wire, amp meter wire. Here's the change for my
application. Since I just completed some carb work yesterday with associated
leaks, drips and HIDDEN puddles of gas somewhere down there, I did not want to
connect a lead to the battery and have at it sparking away on "F" terminal of
my generator. So, I pulled the battery and put it on the ground. Grounded the
battery to the engine. ran a lead FROM the "F" terminal and touched at the
positive side of the battery outside of the car. Minimal spark at the
terminal. I cannot see why this  would not work and just need to know since I
did not blow myself up, there was minimal spark if any, is the generator
re-polarized.
Alex

===     http://www.vtr.org