Re: [TR] TR3A Steering Column Blank Gasket

To: dorpaul@negia.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Steering Column Blank Gasket
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:32:41 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/2006 6:20:56 PM Central Standard Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:
> List,
> I've ordered a part for my steering from Victoria British and, in fact, Moss
> doesn't show it in there catalog.
> It is 'Steering Column Blank Gasket' and I wonder where it goes?  In the VB
> catalog on the steering page (96?) it is shown as item #19.  It's been a
> year
> since I worked with my steering.
> Thanks,
> Paul Dorsey
> 60 TR3A

Your car doesn't need it.  The earlier cars like my 57 had openings on both
side so it could be set up for RHD or LHD and the unused opeings for the
steering and brake/clutch master cylinders are closed off with blank plates.
At
some point (post 60,000 perhaps) the bulkhead was retooled eliminating the
ambidexterity but also elimnating the need for blanking plates.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8