[TR] A-type OD separation from gearbox solution...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] A-type OD separation from gearbox solution...
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@mrl.ucsb.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:42:57 -0700
Greetings, Everyone,

The solution to my stuck OD assembly which would not separate from the gearbox
was to remove the tail housing from the OD Assembly and this relieved some
tension or pressure on the mainshaft. That and a bit of judicious tapping with
a rubber mallet made the OD assembly come free.

John Esposito at Quantumechanics gave that hint to me. John certainly seems like
a great guy via email.

I was overjoyed to find that all the OD components looked to be in very fine
shape. No filings of any kind, and the bronze bushings appear like new. The sun
and planet gear assembly remind me of a Sturmy Archer 3-speed bicycle hub. Fun
stuff.

Now onto the gearbox!

-jeffrey

--