[TR] tr7 transmission questions.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] tr7 transmission questions.
From: "Larry Stein" <lstein6@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:32:51 -0600
hey guys, i mentioned earlier i cannot get my car into 5th gear.  the
previous owner said it was hard, but was there.  i've taken some
pictures and posted them at http://picasaweb.google.com/lstein6    i'd
appreciate if you guys could take a look and tell me what you think.
michael sent me some transmission pics and it is a 5speed.  at least
the main transmission.  the rear extension i have questions on.  not
sure if that is 4 or 5speed.  the speedo attachment is on the drivers
side just ahead of the shifter?  there are numbers on the
transmission, do they tell anything?   the shape of the shifter is
square.  i think this is not a triumph shifter and maybe it is too fat
to allow the linkage to lean all the way over?  there is an electrical
sender on the bottom of the transmission that has two wire connectors
on it.  what is that for?  again the pics tell a lot.  so if you could
take a look.  i would really appreciate some advice.  i have an
electric speedo and custom oak dash i am building, so this all goes
together.  thanks, larry stein  http://picasaweb.google.com/lstein6

===     http://www.vtr.org