RE: [TR] Car Audio question

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thfoot.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Car Audio question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:20:49 -0700
> I presume that the only answers to this problem are:
>
> 1. Buy a new stereo
> 2. Strip out the parcel shelves, carpets, transmission tunnel and other
>    gubbins to increase the flow of cooling air to the stereo
> 3. Don't try to listen to music when it is really hot, unless driving
>    around and around in a tight left-hand circle.
> 4. Disassemble the stereo, trace and solder up the loose joint
>
> But if you can come up with another, more user-friendly, answer, I'd be
> much obliged!

What about adding a 12v fan for cooling, like those found in computers ?

Don't be so sure it's something you can trace and solder, either.  I've
fought similar problems that turned out to be inside the ICs !  In fact,
there's a 70's era stereo in my garage that needs a good thump occasionally
... the bad connection is inside the amplifier IC.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org