Re: [TR] AE pistons

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] AE pistons
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:30:10 +0100
Hi Ed
I do not know the relevance of the LBD, However the arrow will point to the
front of the engine or the thrust side depending on whether it runs along
the gudgeon pin or across it respectively, pistons would normally be
labelled with a single letter usual E F G, this would denote the grade of
"fit" in the bores, and usually refers to 0.0005 of an inch or 5 tenths of a
thou difference in size to help machinists rebore to a closer tolerance.
HTH.

Graham