[TR] TR3a heater fan

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3a heater fan
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:58:39 -0400
I dug out my heater assembly, soon to be re-installed in my TR3a.When I put
it away a few years back I had cleaned it all up, flushed it, and lubricated
the fan bearings. Now, I powered it via a battery charger and the fan
turned, but it is oh so lame as far as air output.
When turned by hand there is absolutely no binding or resistance to be felt,
and it will continue for  abit if you give it a spin by hand, so I think the
bearings are fine.
I have been hearing all along that the heater is not a powerhouse but this
doesn't seem like it will do a whole lot of anything at all. I would like it
to demist my windscreen I guess.
-Is that just the way it is?
-If so, why have a rheostat to slow it down? (Maybe this is a similar
question to "why is there a dimmer for the dashboard lights?")
Thanks,
Jim Wallace
TS81417L

===     http://www.vtr.org