[TR] Renegade Piston Ring - TR4A

Subject: [TR] Renegade Piston Ring - TR4A
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:45:37 -0500
Listers,

I just completed a double-check measurement of all my ring gaps and groove
clearances before I get the pistons into the liners.
Glad I did!!

All of the rings look great except one.  It's gap measures .017" where all
the others are .010" - .011".
The .017" measurement is .002" above the max gap of .015".

Is there anyway to salvage this brand new ring or should I simply replace
it?
If I replace it, where does one buy a single ring?
If it can be salvaged, how do you do it?

The ring is from Grant kit P1173.040, 86 mm set.
I am certain I screwed it up somehow.

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

1965 Triumph TR4A