[TR] fan belt adjustment

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] fan belt adjustment
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 22:38:20 -0400
I have several wide type original fan belts.  The manual says to adjust the
fan belt so that > deviation can be obtained between the generator pulley
and the water pump pulley- or at least, thats what I think its saying-
right?

Is this about equivalent to about 2 of deviation between the water pump
pulley and directly beneath it,( the crankshaft pulley)?

Is this the same for the cog type belt?

Is it the same for an alternator as a generator?  (A project for the
future.)

Thanks, Paul Dorsey

60 TR3A