RE: [TR] TR6 wiper park

To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 wiper park
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:50:29 -0700
> As soon as the cable/wipers are reconnected, the original problem occurs: the
> wipers continue to operate when the switch is moved to off (park).
>
> Any idea of what to try next??

If it's like my Stag, there is an adjustment for the park switch on the wiper
motor.  My guess is that it needs adjustment to compensate for wear.  With the
rack connected, the linkage to the switch is always pushed to the limit of the
wear, and doesn't move far enough to open the park contacts.  Without the rack,
it moves just a bit farther and so opens them.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org