[TR] windshield (screen) pit filler?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] windshield (screen) pit filler?
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:03:57 -0400
I have what I believe is the original triplex windshield in my 1972 TR6. It's
the completely clear unit. Other than a tiny crack which I stopped in 1987
with crazy glue (most amazing stuff for stopping a glass crack if you get it
in time) the major problem is that the glass is a bit pitted from all the
micro-meteorites it's encountered over the years. It's really only irritating
when driving toward the sun in the late afternoon. Is there some sort of
wash-on coating I can apply that will fill them and improve the transparency,
or am I facing the inevitable battle with the seal and replacing the glass?

Mark
1972 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org