[TR] Triumph Frames-Old & New

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Triumph Frames-Old & New
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 09:37:42 EDT

Always something interesting.  I took a hacksaw to a TR3A frame to make it
easier to handle. I was surprised at how easy it was to cut through several
sections of the frame. It was not badly rusted, but was modified beyond
salavaging.

Speaking of frames....That guy out in New York is building TR4A frames. Here
is a guy who, as best that I can tell, is already running a successful
business or two. It appears he is going to wind out of his current businesses
and do
Triumph Things. It's another deal where no money is expected to be made Or, if
there is money made, it will go back to his hobby.

One of his frames is on it's way to a well known vintage racer in California.
And another is going to Florida. I expect to get a report on the frame going
to California.

Does anyone else have any experience with these frames?

Joe (A)

===     http://www.vtr.org