RE: [TR] radiator stays

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] radiator stays
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 17:16:19 -0700
> Its been 3 years since disassembly.  What is the arrangement of the 4(?)
> radiator stays?

There are only 2 radiator stays.  The end with the hole fastens to the bracket
on the radiator, with a short bolt, nut and lockwasher (1/4-28 as I recall,
probably 5/8" long).  The 'hump' goes up (over the horns).  The threaded end has
two nuts, which go on either side of the slotted bracket on the inner fender.
The nuts should be adjusted to hold the radiator in position, without straining
against it.

The other two stays are for the crank guide in the front apron.  As I recall,
there is a single bolt that goes through both stays and the guide.  The threaded
ends again have two nuts, and go through the tabs welded to the frame.  These
stays are straight (without the curve that the radiator stays have), but the end
with the hole makes a larger angle with the body of the stay.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org