Re: [TR] Flywheels: reducing the rotational mass for

To: N197TR4@cs.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Flywheels: reducing the rotational mass for
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:13:27 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/2006 11:29:27 AM Central Standard Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:
> The reason for a 31# in a TR is a bit lost to history, but there seems to
> be
> no good reason for 31# when 21#s will do, make a significant impact on
> performance. "Gene" in Phoenix reported to me that he took only 5# off of
> the
> periphery and the results were astounding to him.

Where you take the weight off matters greatly.  The further out away from the
center the greater the impact on angular momentum.  Which only makes sense
when you consider that the outer part is moving faster.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org