Re: [TR] TR3 vs TrR4's experience

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 vs TrR4's experience
From: "Tim OBrien" <obrienboys@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:04:24 -0600
Regarding the TR3 vs TR4 look and feel.

I drive my TR4 regularly but had the chance to drive a better than new
restored TR3 this year.   I had always wished I had a 3 because of the
beautiful lines, etc.    Now I'm not so sure the TR4 is the better car for
me.

While I'm not a big guy, I certainly enjoy the wider cockpit of the 4 over
the 3.   Also I recall that the TR3 took more attention to drive, this one
having some strange erratic pulling with the brakes (that only appeared on
occation).   I was told by the ower to please keep both hands firmly on the
wheel.

Not so in my 4.   (perhaps it was just this particular, yet well sorted
TR3).

Hard to say.

Also, while not as beautiful, I also like the more accessable engine bay and
larger trunk of my 4 as well.

I hope this helps answer the original question.   I can't knock the TR3  -
They are awesome cars  - I can only guess the hoods and windows are easier
to manage than my 4.  (I must agree with the previous post that putting the
top up in the rain takes too long in my car!)

However,  I've grown to appreciate my 4 more after having the chance to
drive a 3.

It's all good.

Best regards,

Tim O'Brien