RE: [TR] Non-BLC; Toes in or out?

To: <Dave1massey@cs.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Non-BLC; Toes in or out?
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:09:36 -0400
Hi Dave:

The only investment I'm thinking about here is the amazing time it took to
polish the brass protectors on the feet. Me poor flippers is wore out with all
the rubbing. (Does that make me an expert in brass rubbing?)

For those who are interested, I copy a reply I sent to Andy. Thanks to the
list members (Dave, Andy, John, Robert, Gary) who took the time to investigate
their dining rooms.

Hi Andy:

I think there is no standard. I've been getting about 50/50 on responses from
the list. I've checked out the web, some catalogues and even visited a big-box
furniture store (that was a waste of time, everything is too modern for
reference). Basically I think my table is a "toes-in" type since that leaves
the table with a foot under each corner whereas when I turned the pedestals
around the single feet were sticking out beyond the table's edge. That really
didn't look right. It's one of those tables that can stretch out over 4 feet
in the middle and leave room for several leaves. That would mean the single
feet would support the table from bending in the middle when extended. That
seems right for this unit. However, as I said, I've seen several pictures of
both orientations.

Cheers and thanks for the input!

Mark