RE: [TR] Theft Prevention

To: "list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Theft Prevention
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:44:22 -0700
> Yes, you get the car back but they don't get caught.

Guess I'm not following you here, Jim.  What's bad about getting the car back,
as opposed to not getting the car back ?

Sure, it would be better if the criminals could get caught, but just getting the
car back in reasonable condition seems worthwhile to me!

> The point is, if the
> police don't find it within the first day or so, maybe because you
> didn't notice it was gone right away or because they just couldn't
> find it immediately, you probably don't want it back!

Which is why LoJack brags about recovering 80% of stolen vehicles within 24
hours.  Compared to the national average of 60% vehicles without LoJack
recovered at all, that sounds pretty good.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org