Re: [TR] No LBC content: Synthetic oil & diesel engines

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] No LBC content: Synthetic oil & diesel engines
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@onwight.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 00:14:10 -0000
Hi Folks
Enquiring minds need to know, how does this affect our Triumphs as I am
guessing that most if not all of our cars fall in to the solid lifter
bracket, are they at risk of cam / follower failure due to the reduction /
absence of ZDDP in the oil, if not what is the difference between these
engines and diesels (except the comp ratio of course and the fact that they
burn oil) are the valve springs much more powerful and exert such higher
forces on the cams / followers?

Graham.