Re: [TR] Crocus cloth

To: adrianjones747@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Crocus cloth
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:36:02 EST
In a message dated 11/16/2006 5:07:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
adrianjones747@earthlink.net writes:

Hi  folks,

Well, as expected, the (6) guys at Advance Auto had no idea what  I was
talking about.

I'm getting ready, over Thanksgiving, to try and  eliminate the oil leak onto
the brake shoes from the differential.  As  noted from the List, the grease
seal is a bear to replace so I was going to  try and replace the oil seal first
- see if that is the culprit.

Have  you a recommendation for a grit size in wet n dry that I could use on
the axle  shaft before fitting the new oil seal.

Regards,  Adrian TS  58324

Adrian,
What are you trying to do with crocus cloth? I say this because seals
require a very very smooth (polished) and hard surface to last. If the surface
is
not smooth because of caked grease, I'd be inclined to us solvents to remove
it. If the seal surface is damaged 9anything less than a pristine polished
surface) you might consider a Reddi-Sleeve-not cheap, but they work well.

Good Luck!
Mike Moore
TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org